Modification or Repair Notification
Significant modifications or repairs to over 25kg aircraft need to be notified to the LMA and inspected by an LMA inspector.
If your aircraft needs a significant repair, please notify the LMA by completing the form below before starting work so an inspector can be appointed.
Significant modifications or repairs are-
- Any change or repair to the load bearing primary structure
- Any change or repair to the load bearing secondary structure larger than 100mm in any direction
- Any change or repair that will change the MTOM by more than 5%
- A change to the radio control system that is not a functionally like-for-like replacement
- An introduction of new control system functionality (such as installing a gyro stabilisation system)
- A change to the powerplant or fuel system that is not a like-for-like replacement
- If fabric covered, replacement of more than 25% of the covering
Over 25kg Significant Modification or Repair Notification
↑ Back to the Top