Under the LMA’s Article 16 operating authorisation, LMA members can fly model aircraft under 7.5kg over 400ft above the ground.
For model flying clubs whose LMA members wish to fly large model aircraft over 7.5kg over 400ft above the ground, the LMA can permit that activity under the LMA’s Article 16 operating authorisation.
The permit can apply to model aircraft 7.5kg – 25kg and over 25kg and a flying height limit above ground level of 1500ft is the maximum that can be requested.
What we need to consider the application is-
- The name of the model flying club
- The name and contact details of the club nominated responsible person
- The location of the flying site
- A colour 1:50,000 scale Ordnance Survey map extract that must clearly show the layout of the site including:
- Boundaries of the flying Area(s)
- Any specific no‐fly areas
- A rationale and safety case for the requested operation of large model aircraft over 400ft
- Fully completed Flying Site risk assessment (template here)
- Maximum altitude above ground level requested for flying large model aircraft
- Type of operation Regular / Occasional / One‐off
- If occasional or one‐off permission requested, the dates of the planned flying activity
To apply please complete the form below. If any help or advice is needed please contact email@example.com